In order for the European Medicines Agency to maintain the marketing authorization for mexiletine, data was necessary to evaluate the use and access to mexiletine across Europe.
Case: Co-creating a Patient Support Program
A company is developing a new medical product for patients with a rare disease. Additional services, e.g. a patient-support-program (PSP), are considered important to help patients gaining access to new treatments when needed.
There is a lack of knowledge about what program elements will be helpful for patients and relatives, what would be just “nice-to-have” and what can be potentially be perceived as inappropriate.
- Problem Analysis, Patient Segmentation, and Program Targeting
- Identification of best partners among patient experts
- Co-creation session prepared and moderated by admedicum
- Challenging status quo and identifying need-gaps
- Brainstorming opportunities for further improvements of program components
- Validation among “normal patients”
Strong basis for a PSP that truly benefits patients and achieves the client’s goals